Saturday, March 8, 2008

What Time Is It?


For everything there is a season, And a time for every matter under heaven:A time to be born, and a time to die; A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; A time to break down, and a time to build up;A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing; A time to seek, and a time to lose; A time to keep, and a time to throw away; A time to tear, and a time to sew; A time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; A time for war, and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


Set your clocks forward tonight! It's time to spring ahead!

I heard on the radio that the U.S. begins Daylight Saving Time at 2:00 a.m. local time on the second Sunday in March and reverts to Standard Time at 2:00 a.m. local time on the first Sunday in November. I really don't understand why we set our clocks forward in the Spring then backwards in the Fall, but tonight I will reluctantly conform to this madness. Sadly, I will lose a precious hour of sleep, too.

No matter what time my clock reads, I am reminded today that God's timing is always perfect. Often I pray expecting immediate results, but I am learning that He often waits to answer. I heard someone once say 'Better to be patient and wait for the time God said - you will not change God.'

No comments: