Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Remember To Study!

Gina --- Class of 1979 --- Clarkston High School

Get all the advice and instruction you can,
so you will be wise the rest of your life.
Proverbs 19:20 NLT

I was thinking about my high school years today. My friends, the clothes I wore, and oh! My hair! Those lovely hair-sprayed wings! I definitely had the Farrah Fawcett hair going on! If I had been graded on my hair, I probably would have passed with flying colors, but actually I barely graduated with the class of 1979 from Clarkston High School. I could have studied more, made better grades, scored higher on my SAT, but I really wasn't very dedicated and studious back then. Because of that, my performance on tests and grades revealed my lack of study and preparation. However, with some encouragement from my cousin, Laura Mell and a high school friend, Beth I did learn to study and actually graduate from college four years later with a 4.0. Now, almost three decades later, I know for a fact that the school of life is even harder. To be wise I must make a habit of studying God's word, praying, and seeking the Lord.
The tests of life definitely require it!

No comments: