Saturday, March 15, 2008

The annointed

Happy Birthday Barbara!

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good tidings to the afflicted; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion -- to give them a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he may be glorified.
Isaiah 61:1-3

I was invited to Barbara' birthday celebration this morning. She is a godly, annointed woman whom God has used to spur me on in my walk. This verse from Isaiah reminds me of her. The Spirit of the Lord is definitely upon her!
What a tremendous cheerleader she is! In order for a cheerleader to be successful, she must believe in her team. She must see the victory even when the scoreboard may not reveal it YET! That's Barbara. She believes in the visions and dreams God implanted in my heart and has a faith that certainly pleases God.
I am so thankful for the shaking and the awakening that has been going on in my life lately. Lord, you have taken away things that have hindered my walk and given me a deep longing for you. You are so faithful and you never leave me. Thank you for showing me what you see and what you feel.
Our community is hurt, lost and dying. No government program, and no church program, for that matter will save it. Only the blood of Jesus can save, heal, and restore the hearts of people.

Thank you for showing me this truth.

Here I am Lord. I want to be your vessel.

Use me to tell the good news, help those who are heartbroken, share the freedom found in Christ, and show light to those who are imprisoned in their sin.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

No comments: