Monday, March 10, 2008

The Battle Is Not Yours!

Michelangelo's 'David' - 1504
Be still, and know that I am God. Psalms 46:10

I am currently doing a Bible Study about King David in a book called A Heart Like His by Beth Moore. Studying David, I realize that he was so human. He had to deal with many similar issues that I deal with...doubt, despair, exhaustion, lack of faith, etc. Like David, I must trust God to do battle for me.

Beth Moore says, "David continually called on God to fight his battles for him, Consequently, he always knew whose hand had brought the victory...when God ordains or permits battles to be used to accomplish a divine end and we depend on God through every sweep of our sword, we will grow stronger instead of weaker."

... For the battle is not yours, but God's
. II Chronicles 20:15

No comments: