Sunday, March 23, 2008

Redeemed

Fanny Crosby

... for all have sinned
and fall short of the glory of God,
and are justified freely by his grace
through the redemption
that came by Christ Jesus.
Romans 3:23-24


Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, His child, and forever, I am.Nothing I could ever do would match His holiness or His righteousness. I can not earn my salvation. It is a free gift offered to all because of the precious blood that was spilled on Calvary. Thank God for the mercy, grace, and assured salvation we have because of the redemption provided on the cross.

His child, and forever, I am.

Philip Schaff says, Jesus Christ is the beginning, the middle, and the end of all. In the Gospels he walks in human form upon the earth, and accomplishes the work of redemption.


Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it,
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed thro' His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever, I am.
Redeemed, redeemed,Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed, redeemed,His child, and forever, I am.

Redeemed and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.

I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long;
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.

I know I shall see in His beauty
The King in whose law I delight;
Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps,
And giveth me songs in the night.

Fanny J. Crosby, 1820-1915
read about Fanny Crosby at http://www.nyise.org/fanny/bios.html

No comments: