Wednesday, April 9, 2008

His Purpose

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands. Psalm 138:8

I talked to a teen girl today who is trying to figure out what degree to pursue in college.
What an exciting time in her life! To be youthful, just beginning, so many opportunities. After I listened to her share, I was most impressed that this young girl understands her purpose. She truly believes seeking a career/lifestyle where she serves God and others will be most fulfilling. I tell you it was refreshing to hear this coming from a young person.

I reminded her (and myself) that God is truly concerned about what concerns us and He has a plan for each of us. The world tells us we can only be happy if our earthly desires are fulfilled. What a lie! To have a relationship with Jesus Christ, focusing on what God desires for our lives is the only way to peace and contentment. Philippians 1:6 says He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. He will accomplish His purpose! He will not give up on us! His love endures forever!

No comments: