Friday, April 4, 2008

Clothed With Joy

butterfly resting on blueberry bush - March 2008

The One Thousand Gifts list continues...

6. the beauty of a butterfly resting on blueberry bush

7. tassles draping from a river birch

8. a sit-down homemade meal with four teenagers and a husband

9. a phone call from a son

You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise you forever. Psalm 30:11

With continual battles of sickness, loneliness, fear, anxiety, and grief raging around me and touching those I deeply care about, and yet another call last night causing me to drop to me knees in prayer, I am reminded once again of how precious and fragile life is.

The only constant, the only security I have is that which is found in Jesus. I am reminded nothing stays the same in this world. Just as the seasons change, so do circumstances. Spending time outdoors this morning, absorbing the freshness and newness of spring, once dormant winter life, God spoke to me and said,


See how I clothe the earth with joy? I will clothe you with joy as you praise me.

As I looked to the Word this morning, I read Psalm 30 and found it teaching me again that every area of my life is completely reliant upon my relationship with my Savior. God's grace, mercy, and love are always present, never changing, and giving me reason to be joyful. How can I be silent about the hope I have?

No comments: