Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Griff ...

Griff, 7 days old in NICU- September 9, 1989

But when Jesus perceived their thoughts,
he answering said unto them,
What reason ye in your hearts?
And Jesus answering said unto them,
They that are whole need not a physician;
but they that are sick.
Luke 5: 22, 31


My son, Griff had senior pictures made today. Traditionally this is done at the beginning of a senior's final year of high school. I guess I am a non-traditionalist. I had my oldest son's senior pictures done in April of his senior year, as well.
The photographer and his wife were careful to capture Griff's personality, uniqueness, and, of course, handsome looks all at the same time. They took some indoor shots then came to the house to shoot some in our yard. I can't wait to see the proofs. I am a proud mom after all!
Watching the photographer from a distance, careful not to intrude on his art, I thought about how he focused in on Griff...his subject, careful to get the lighting just right, making adjustments when necessary. God is also focusing in on us. Except he doesn't look on the outside, He looks on the inside...the heart. He wants to see if the precious, cleansing blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ is covering us.
As I peered through the den window to the outside, watching Griff pose, I couldn't help but recall those early days of his life where he struggled just to survive. While his organs shut down, I had to completely trust God, relenting my control, my anxiety, and resting in His perfect way. Miraculously, Griff was healed.
Things aren't any different today as I continue to trust the same God of yesterday, today, and tomorrow for His best. He loves Griff more than I do. He wants better things for him than I can dream up. I can trust Griff in His hands.
Jeremiah 29:11 says I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. (The Message)

No comments: