Friday, April 25, 2008

Directions



God is fair and just;
He corrects the misdirected,
Sends them in the right direction.

Psalm 25:8


My day started out giving directions to my oldest son. Not the usual directions...take out the trash, put up these clothes, take Max out, etc. but, directions he was actually interested in...how to get to a specific location in Jacksonville. He took his precious girlfriend shopping for her birthday. Now that is true love.

Anyway, I was confident that my directions were solid, clear, and completely accurate.

However, just now I received a frantic call from my son,

"Mom you gave me the wrong directions! You told me not to get on I-95 and that is exactly what I should have done."

Without going into too much detail, I was attempting to direct him to 9A, but he really was supposed to get on I-95 which turns into 9A South. It's a little confusing, that road.

Thankfully he had the sense to stop and ask for help.

Although I probably could have driven to that particular destination blindfolded, I had difficulty telling him how to do it.

Made me think....how many times do I rely on others for direction and guidance when I really need to refer to the greatest map ever...The Holy Word of God. There are no errors or misguided advice in the Bible. "And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times." (Psalm 12:6) The Bible says that you will "make your way prosperous if you read it and think about what it says everyday and start repeating it" (Joshua 1:8)

Update

I am happy to announce, Taylor just called me back. He has arrived safely at his destination. He said they plan to go to eat at the Cheesecake Factory later this afternoon.


I said, "Oh, let me tell you the best way to get there from where you are."
Strange, but for some reason there was a lot of static in his phone and he said he couldn't hear me. Funny, but I could hear him just fine as he said, "Thanks Mom, don't worry, we'll ask someone else."


Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. (Psalm 25:4-5)

No comments: