Friday, February 29, 2008

Time For God

O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You.
Psalm 63:1


Today is February 29. An extra day added on the month of February. It's Leap Year!What is a leap year? A leap year is a year in which one extra day has been inserted at the end of February. A leap year consists of 366 days, whereas other years, called common years, have 365 days. Leap years are needed to keep our calendar in alignment with the earth's revolutions around the sun.

go here to read more...http://www.timeanddate.com/date/leapyear.html

Ok, so with this extra twenty-fours hours added to my year, I know I should spend more time praying, but I am already pressed for time. God understands. He knows how I struggle just to be a wife, mom of three, part-time teacher, cook for and feed the hungry (my family), and to get the never-ending laundry of five people done. Yes, God does know. He understands each and every struggle of my day. And He wishes I would tell Him about my day. When I take the time to tell Him about my struggles, they always seem to lessen. When I take the time to spend the first moments of the day with Him, I receive such a blessing...strength and inner peace. Thank you, God for reminding me that no matter what I do today, the most important thing is making time for you!

Here's some wisdom from a devotion I read recently.... (author unknown)

The best way to get the day started is with the Lord. There is no better way to start your day! David acknowledges God as his God. This is a very significant statement. For you see, so many people have God in their lives but He is not their God. There is a big difference. Jesus the Bible tells us is both, Savior and Lord! The truth is, He is both whether we acknowledge it or not in our lives. However, when He becomes both Savior and Lord in our lives, God is glorified and we are blessed beyond measure!

When God is able to be God in a person’s life, his life is rearranged! Early David said he would seek the Lord. It is virtually impossible to find God in the middle of the day when you have not started your day off with Him! It is not that it is difficult for God to find us, it is difficult for us to find God! When we begin our day with the Word of God on our mind and the Spirit of God in our hearts, He is able to guide us in the direction that He wants us to go and give us all that He wants us to have for that hour in our lives. As we continue to walk in the path that God has laid out for us, He continues to bless us and make us a blessing to those around us.

As we seek Him early in the morning, He is able to have a hand in the direction that we head off in that morning. As we begin our day, He is able to make a difference in the attitudes that we have which has a lot to do with how our day gets started which has something to do with how it ends up! If your day gets off to a great start, there is a greater chance that it will end up on a good note. If God is given the opportunity to make a difference in your life, there will be a visible difference in your life that others will see and respond to.

Start your day off with the King of King and Lord of Lords. Allow Him to be Lord and Master of your life. Allow him to be God in your life. Seek Him early in the morning. You might just be surprised at how smooth your day goes!

No comments: