Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sweet Aroma

Savannah-Jane hugging Garrett - Easter 1993

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God. I John 3:1

How amazing that I am accepted and loved with no conditions...not because of anything I have done, but because of what He did for me!He calls me HIS! I belong to HIM! When I am comfortably isolated or just focusing on my needs, I can forget why I am here...my purpose. I am called to be His hands and feet to those who need Him and have greater needs than I do. When I am reaching out to others my life comes into alignment again with His will. While I was teaching yesterday, a child reached for my hand and smelled it and said "you smell good...even your hands smell good." I explained that I had just put some lotion on my hands. Throughout the day that child found every opportunity to hold my hand and sniff the perfumed lotion. Father, I pray that my life...especially my hands would be a sweet aroma extending love, grace, and mercy to those I meet daily.

No comments: