Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weary And Tired


Come to me,
all you that are
weary
and are
carrying heavy burdens,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you,
and learn from me;
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy,
and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:25-30

What is the yoke that Jesus puts on us? It is God wrapping His arm around us. All we need to do is love Him and give Him praise. We can’t do everything. In fact we can do very little. But with God, Jesus, and the Spirit, wonders can be done in us, and through us. God knew that we could never measure up to His standards, so He sent Jesus to this earth. Jesus obeyed the commands of His Father perfectly and He bore the punishment of death for our sins. As we humble ourselves and recognize our need for forgiveness, Jesus comes alongside of us. He places His yoke on us, freeing us from guilt and giving us His power to live a life that is pleasing to God. God's easy yoke does not fit on a stiff neck. (Our Daily Bread – January 9, 2005)

No comments: