Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Though My Heart Is Torn I Will Praise You In The Storm...


God is our refuge
and strength,
an ever-present help
in trouble.
Psalm 46:1


Currently, a tropical storm warning is in effect for the Florida Keys and the majority of the Atlantic coast. As Fay rotates northward, it is possible that we could experience heavy rain and tornadoes.

Storms. We all experience them. Perhaps the weather is clear where you live, but you are in the middle of your own personal storm right now. A financial storm, a relationship storm, an emotional, or a health storm. Regardless, storms are inevitable and even unpredictable at times. We must be alert because these storms can hit hard when we least expect it.

As a believer, smack in the middle of gale force winds right now, I realize I have a choice. I can turn my back on God, become bitter, and believe that He should have prevented this storm. Or I can praise Him in this storm and continue to trust Him. It is possible to have peace in the middle of a storm…an actual hurricane or a spiritual storm.

Lord, I remember when You spoke to the storms and said, Peace be still. Thank You for speaking to my stormy soul today and calming my spirit. Even when strong winds come and threaten to capsize my faith, I can lift my eyes to You. You are my refuge and my strength. I can trust You.

No comments: