Friday, August 22, 2008

Lead Me Beside Still Waters


Lead me beside still waters, Lord.

If only you had paid attention to my commands,
your peace would have been like a river,
your righteousness like the waves of the sea.
Isaiah 48:18
It is so peaceful to watch a gentle breeze calmly stir and ripple the pond water in front of my house. I sometimes stop what I am doing, look out a window just to gaze and determine which direction the wind is blowing at that particular moment. Usually just small ripples on the surface of the pond, the wind and rain from a tropical storm have caused the ripples to resemble ocean waves today. So similar to the tossing waves that have pounded me with worry and fear lately. A constant, threatening undercurrent.
Lord, how I long to hear, really hear Your voice and Your command...therein lies my peace. Only when I truly listen to Your voice will I find rest from the storms I face.
Father, take my hand and lead me beside still waters today. For Your names' sake, Lord.
He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake.
Psalm 23:2-3 Amplified Bible

No comments: