Sunday, August 31, 2008

Reconnected...Finally!

Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
John 15:4-5


I am finally reconnected! After nine days of unwanted internet disruption, I am back! The reason for the disruption is simple...the line was severed! Apparently,one hundred fifty feet of cable is just too much for our local cable company to have to bury, although we have made countless calls. Since the installation of our internet service at our current location over four years ago, the line has laid bare and crosses an area of ongoing construction behind our property. Hence, the probability that it will be cut accidentally. This makes the fourth time!

OK....enough of that. But I am truly happy to be hooked up again and back on the blog scene!

The verse above is one of my favorites. I remember it was the first verse I memorized when I did the EXPERIENCING GOD study by Henry Blackaby. I even wear a bracelet that has the verse engraved on it.

The word "abide" means to remain or stay connected. I have searched and come up empty many times when trying to find fulfillment outside the one true vine...Jesus Christ. There is no other that can bring the strength, the joy, the peace I desire.

My loving, patient Heavenly Father...my God who is so full of grace and mercy reminded me today... Without ME you can do nothing.

Just like this computer that sat unconnected, untouched, and useless for nine days, I am useless, unless I am hooked up, connected to Jesus...abiding in the Vine, my source!

No comments: