Thursday, August 14, 2008

Be Humble

Naptime at Gigi's
Malli - 8 weeks old

So anyone who becomes as humble
as this little child
is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Matthew 18:4
When I keep my grandaughter Malli she lets me know when she is hungry, needs her diaper changed, or just needs to be held. She doesn't hold back. She cries out for help. She is helpless and totally dependent.
It is really no surprise that Jesus instructs us to humble ourselves as children. Children are innocent, pure, honest. Too often in this journey, I am stubborn, prideful, and arrogant acting as if I have all the answers and can figure things out alone. Jesus says we should come to him as children—honest and straightforward with our needs.
If I desire to meet the needs of Malli, imagine how much Jesus longs to meet my needs. But first, I must humble myself.

1 Peter 5:6-7 says Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

If I am a follower of Christ and a true born-again believer, then I have one purpose...to glorify God. God is best glorified when I humble myself before Him and others.
Lord, Jesus I need you today. I cry out to you and confess that You alone have the answer to what is troubling me today. I come to you as a child totally dependent on Your strength, Your wisdom, and Your grace. I look to You. Amen.

249. a new baby boy, a nephew...Grayson Thomas Morgan

No comments: