Friday, May 9, 2008

Fly Away


Striking,
Diminutive,
Wounded child
Searching
For home,
A place,
A refuge
Nest here
Teach me
Remind me
Reveal me
Release me
Heal me


He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

I prayed for each of my children as I cradled them in my arms. Dedicating them to Him, realizing early that I was just their mother. He was their FATHER. Trusting Him with future relationships, ones that would make a postive impact on their lives.
...a mother's sincerest prayer.

She came to him troubled, uneasy, hurt, and confused on a cloudy, dark, and dreary January afternoon. This beautiful young girl entered my world, too. Admittedly she caught the eye and stole the heart of my oldest son. But what happened in my heart is truly God's handiwork. I am changed forever.

At first I felt like God hadn't heard my prayers. I struggled with their strengthening relationship since I had prayed for someone that would positively influence his life. How could this wounded one?

Over time I have realized that perhaps another mother had prayed for her child, too.
My son who had received
now had the opportunity
to give to someone else.
God answers our prayers from wisdom far greater than ours. I thought my son needed a strong Christian girl; God knew that my son needed to be a strong Christian man.
She questioned,
she observed,
she pondered,
and then she prayed.
She prayed and asked Christ to change her,
to take up residence.
And oh how He did!
She is a living testimony of a life changed,
put on a right path,
touching others with His love.
Wise beyond her years.
Compassionate.
A disciple.
A missionary.
A counselor.
This precious one.

Through my tears I hugged this precious one goodbye this morning. She is flying away to another nest. Another page turns in her life, and mine, too. She taught me so much about God. She reminded me of where I once was, revealed to me things I needed to deal with, let go of, released me from hurts, and healed me in the process.
I already miss you, sweet one. May God grant you a safe flight and a happy landing.

I love you, Dominica.

If I keep a green bough in my heart,
the singing bird will come.
Chinese Proverb

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune
Without the words,
And never stops at all.
Emily Dickinson

No comments: