Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Prince Caspian

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him,and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
I am excited about the release of the movie, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian this Friday, May 16. Whether or not you read the book you will enjoy the storyline in the movie, based on the book by the same title written by C. S. Lewis.
Devin Brown writes, "In Prince Caspian we enter a world where things are not so obvious. Lewis makes the choices in Narnia more complex to mirror what happens in real life. As we journey further into our faith, often our greatest struggles involve determining what God would have us do."
I can testify that as I voyage along, the choices and decisions I have to make involve a struggle between my heart and my head. My heart is broken over things that are going on in our community. I see so many confused teens, families breaking apart, and sadly, complacency in the church. My heart says to act, do something, jump, make a difference, etc. But then my head says, wait, be reasonable, it will cost you something. It may cost you everything!
The verse from Proverbs 3:5-6 is clear. It says to trust Him with all my heart, not my head. That doesn't mean that I blindly accept the call. I must ask for wisdom from God, acknowledging who He is. Alone I am incapable of making a difference but with Him, however, all things are possible!
In Mere Christianity, C. S. Lewis writes, "Christ never meant that we were to remain children in intelligence: on the contrary. He told us to be not only as harmless as doves, but also as wise as serpents. He wants a child's heart, but a grown-up's head."
"All that you know is about to change."
(Aslan, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian)

No comments: