Thursday, January 3, 2008

January 3, 2008


Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God. Psalm 43:5

Why should I be discouraged about life when there is a God? He is not just a distant God. He is not an absentee God. He is a God who comes to save! My life is not perfect. My life takes twists and turns that many times make me feel that I am drowning in troubles. When situations of life are difficult, I need a faith that can overcome adversity. I need to be so grounded in the truth of God’s Word, that when doubts come, my heart goes back to the reality of God my Savior. My feelings are unpredictable. I may not always feel like God loves me, that He is in control, and that He is working all things for good. Feelings are fickle, dependent on the weather, my health, relationships, when I had my last meal, and all the other circumstances around me. God’s Word is not dependent! It is independent! God’s Word stands the test of time. “The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of God stands forever.” (Isaiah 40:8) Put your trust in God! Stand strong in His mighty Word. Trust Him through every stage of life. Allow Him to direct you through the storms of life. He and He alone is secure forever!

No comments: