Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January 22, 2008


The LORD is my light and my salvation— so why should I be afraid?...
Psalm 27:1

Life can be crazy, chaotic, unpredicatable and sometimes frightening. There are times I wish I could be a child again and have someone protect me from the world. God promises that He will take care us. Like a loving parent comforts a frightened child, He is there to embrace us and shelter us. When the Lord is guiding us through the various storms of life there is nothing that you or I should ever fear. Isaiah 41:13 says I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. God reaches out and takes hold of our hands and comforts us with his precious words: "Don't be afraid. I'm here with you. I will help."

I call,
You hear me
I've lost it all
And it's more than I can bear
I feel so empty
You're strong
I'm weary I'm holdin' on
But I feel like givin' in
But still You're with me
And even though I'm walkin'
through the valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him
Whose love will comfort me
And when all hope is gone and
I've been wounded in the battle
He is all the strength that I will ever need
And He will carry me
I know I'm broken
But you alone can mend this heart of mine
You're always with me
and even though I feel so lonely
Like I've never been before
You never said it would be easy
But You said you'd see me through the storm

-Mark Schultz

No comments: