Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Janaury 28, 2008

For you are all children of the light and of the day; we don't belong to darkness and night.
1 Thessalonians 5:5 NLT

There is something about looking at old photos of relatives that comforts me. The picture at the left was taken on my grandparent's very first date. When I look at this photo, I have a sense of belonging. This is where I came from. My grandparents were God-fearing, hard-working people. They taught me what it means to love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind. I miss them both. They have gone on to heaven now, but what a rich, Godly heritage they left behind. I rejoice even more because I am God's child...He is my Father.
Galatians 4:6 says, And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, "Abba, Father." When we receive Christ as our savior, we are adopted by God! He becomes our Father, and we become his sons and daughters. As our Father, he will guide us, teach us, protect us, provide for us, discipline us, comfort us, help us, forgive us, defend us, strengthen us—and through it all, love us unconditionally.

No comments: