Thursday, January 17, 2008

January 17, 2008

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed...II Corinthians 4:8,9

I made a commitment to begin running in 2008. At first, I just thought it would be a great way to shed extra pounds and tone up, but now I am realizing that there are a lot of spiritual implications that can be applied as I run. Spiritually, I am in a race for my life! Whether or not you choose to run as a type of physical exercise, you, too are in the race! It is obvious Satan wants to destroy us. He wants to keep us discouraged and beaten down. Whatever God has called you to do, stay focused on the prize! Philippians 3:13-14 says, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Don't listen to voices of defeat and discouragement. We all must go through a struggle before we get where God wants us. It is a time of preparation for what lies ahead.

No comments: