Saturday, January 12, 2008

January 12, 2008

Let your unfailing love surround us,
Lord, for our hope is in you alone.
Psalm 33:22 NLT


The spreading branches of the Live Oak tree have symbolized southern culture in movies from Gone with the Wind to Forrest Gump. The Live Oak is the broadest-spreading of all oaks. Its large canopy will typically spread to nearly twice its height, which means it can shade an area of more than 100 feet. Pretty impressive, huh? Remember, no matter where you go God's love is with you today...He surrounds you and shelters you from every storm! He is faithful and He will never forsake you.

These words are from a song written by Aaron Shust, a popular Christian songwriter/performer....
I was lonely
You came waltzing over to me
And Your eyes they saw right through me
And You heard each one of my cries for help
And You came to rescue meI was broken
Every prayer that I had spoken
Reached Your ears and all my tears weren’t cried in vain
You carried all my pain
And put me back together again
You watch over me in the darkest valleys
You watch over me when the night seems long
You help me to see the way before me
You watch over me; You watch over me
Always faithfulTo be leading, at this moment
Interceding for Your children
Though I’ve wandered astray from Your infinite ways
You’ve never left me alone
Take this frozen heart; awaken me
Never once have You forsaken me
Even though I walk through this shadow of death
You will guide and defend me
You’ll guard and protect me
Even though I walk through this shadow of death
You will lead me home

No comments: