Wednesday, January 9, 2008

January 9, 2008

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2Corinthians 12:9

Nancy Leigh DeMoss says, I don't always understand what God's doing but what I have to realize is that it's part of a bigger plan. God is writing a story..he is the author, not me. God calls us to be willing to take a big part in that story of redemption, in that story of God’s fame and His name going around the world and His glory being known on earth, and the glory of the Lord covering the earth as the waters cover the sea. That’s what God’s about. He says, Are you willing to have a big part in that? Are you willing to be disposed of? Are you willing to be inconvenienced? Are you willing to have unfulfilled longings, if necessary, so that I can fulfill My bigger purposes in your life and in our world? So what does God call us to do? He calls us to trust His heart when we can’t see what He’s doing. We can’t figure it out. He calls us to trust. “God, You are good. Whatever You determine, You’re God. I accept Your plan. I trust You.”He’s calling us to surrender, to acquiesce, to relinquish our control and surrender to His will as He unfolds it in our lives.That doesn’t mean you surrender to God and you no longer have these longings for a mate or a child or a job or health. It means that you keep surrendering the hurt, the longing, the unfulfilled longing.You keep giving it up to God as a sacrifice. And it means not only do you trust and surrender, but you find your place in God’s plan. "How excellent is Thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Thy wings" Psalm 36:7

No comments: