Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rejoice


In this you rejoice,
though now for a little while,
if necessary,
you have been grieved by various trials.
I Peter 1:6


Tears flowed this morning.
A service of praise even in the midst of the unthinkable.
This page so painful, tear-stained.
I long to turn it.
Move on.
Forget, heal.
Inked on my heart today -
All that matters is Jesus.
The songs lingers in my head
and my heart...
In the morning when I rise, Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus,
When I am alone,
Give me Jesus
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus
You are more than words on a page.
I wrap my arms around you.
You don't turn me away.
Your face is bent down toward mine
and you whisper that you are everything I need.
You give me love, security, and safety.
I rejoice that I have You, my Anchor in the storm.
No matter how much life hurts today,
I will know the joy of losing myself in you.
Amen

No comments: