Monday, September 1, 2008

Making Plans

You can make many plans,
but the Lord’s purpose will prevail.
Proverbs 19:21


Life is all about change and transition. Here's a few I have had to make in the past year...

Financial woes,

Serious accident of nephew,

Diminishing health of uncle who has cancer,

Daughter dates and drives now,

Becoming a grandmother,

Burying my sweet mother-in-law,

Helping my oldest move to Atlanta to attend college,

Just today, I cleaned up and put away things in the boys' room that they no longer need. Let’s face it; nothing remains the same. God is always changing us, transforming us, and molding us to be something different and better than we are. Although change is never comfortable for me ... it is the will of God. In the Word, we read that God is the potter and we are His clay. That is a perfectly clear image for me because I have been feeling a lot like wet dirt lately ... extremely lumpy!But you know what? I am realizing that in my lumpiness, I am being shaped into a vessel, refined in the fire until I am am worthy to be used for His glory!Times of transiton are inevitable and can be so difficult and trying! I actually uttered to my husband recently during a pitiful pity-party, "This is not how I planned my life to be!" We all make plans but almost certainly our plans will be divinely disrupted. That's a guarantee! In these times of change and transition I must cling even more to my Savior, humble myself and look at things through His eyes of love.

Philippians 2 says,

Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and sympathetic? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one heart and purpose. Don't be selfish; don't live to make a good impression on others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself. Don't think only about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too, and what they are doing. Your attitude should be the same that Christ Jesus had.

No comments: