Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New territory


Setting out. 
Venturing into new and unfamiliar territory. 
The unknown can frighten me.
Looking at these files. 
It's more than paperwork. 
It's lives etched with sorted pasts.
Eyes eager and hearts bruised. 
Second chances.
Common ground.


I humbly ask for your thoughts and prayers as I begin teaching a group of young people...actually high school dropouts...starting tomorrow. They are taking a GED class to prepare them for the GED test. 
I am nervous and I am sure they are, too. We really are more alike than different though. Searching for purpose. Belonging. A second chance. I have been there and still go there at times. Don't we all? 


To me that is grace...receiving another chance.  And that is all I need. 


But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 
-2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments: