Thursday, December 10, 2009

This season











                                                          



                      



 I drove up the winding driveway...just as I have done a million times before. But this time, I stopped mid-way. Put my car in park and got out. I got off track, out of my everyday routine just to absorb this season. This fleeting moment. This familiar place.


I snapped a few pictures with my camera phone attempting to capture the beauty...the change...and the wait. Branches dropping leaves. Jeweled drops of rain from earlier today still suspended on twig-like branches while most leaves carpet the ground. Bark peeling, the shedding away.


And already my restless soul aches for spring. The dormant is necessary, but not my choosing. And so it is in my life. This season, not my choosing. But today, I stop.  Looking for the beauty in this ever-changing season of gestation, this time of wait.

No comments: