Monday, December 21, 2009

Celebrate

I love to host a party. The preparation. The cooking. The cleaning. All of it. I especially love to sit back...behind the scenes and watch as others enjoy. I wasn't the head hostess and I was instructed to be in the background. No problem for me. My favorite place.
The house was a-buzz.. Daughter invited fellow high schoolers, dedicated swimmers over for a Christmas party. They filled our home. Laughter. Constant chatter. Munching on homemade cookies, cupcakes, brownies, chips, dip and sipping soft drinks. Swapping gifts. Celebrating.

And more reason to celebrate. With gratitude. The list continues.





592.. daughter stirring, mixing, baking, decorating dozens of cookies


593. laughter and silly giggles 


594. candles burning  


595. diet coke with crushed ice


596. a warm, cozy fire


597. Christmas carols on the radio


598. hugs from my children

No comments: