Sunday, May 3, 2009

Marriage

We are family!
Griff and Missy - wed 5/1/09



Griff and Missy married Friday, May 1, 2009. It was simple, elegant, and reverent. Immediate family gathered at Emma Ward Park at noon. There was no music. Fresh flowers cut that morning from a friend's yard were the only decorations. Grandmothers and aunts brought chicken salad, punch, fruit, homemade wedding cookies, and a friend made a sweet wedding cake.


The focus was really on what they were about to enter into. A holy covenant. Theirs has not been the traditional dating/engagement relationship. So many times I was reminded that although I may know what is best I am not in control. There is only ONE who can take this relationship, this marriage and make it something beautiful. God Bless You both as you begin your life together. I love you. And my beautiful grand daughter.

No comments: