Saturday, May 23, 2009

I want it NOW!

Malli's first shopping trip to TOYS 'R US.

While in Toys 'R Us today, I thought it would be fun to let Malli sit in a precious, little pink car. As soon as her little fanny made contact with the seat, she gripped that steering wheel and smiled that infectious smile of hers. It was so cute watching her as she opened and closed the plastic door, honked the horn, and instantly figured out how to drive! Her excitement even drew a small audience of fellow shoppers. See picture above!

HOWEVER...

Never did I imagine that she would become attached to it so quickly. All was good until I tried to remove her from the plastic vehicle. Her squeals drew the attention of not only fellow shoppers, but the full staff of the Toy 'R Us management team. It took much effort along with a quick draw of Gerber sweet corn puffs from my over-sized bag to quieten her down and distract her. For a minute there I was tempted to buy the darn thing and even pay the extra ten bucks for the already assembled version! Her parents beat me to it....they decided to buy it and give it to her on her first birthday (June 18).

You know, I got to thinking about Malli's meltdown and I confess I am just as impatient in my spiritual walk. I want answers to my prayers NOW. I really am tired of waiting. If screaming would bring results, I would sure let 'er rip! Remember Veruca Salt, the fictional character from the Roald Dahl novel Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? She regularly exerts petulant behavior in order to get what she desires, and even her parents are not immune to her outbursts. In other words, she's a brat! Well, my grand daughter is NOT a brat (yet) but I have determined that I am...at least in my spiritual life.

There is hope though...I am reminded tonight that my Heavenly Father loves me. He wants good things for me. In His timing he will answer. He loves me and wants the best for me. I know He cares about my every need Matthew 7:11 says So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who keep on asking him. Waiting upon God protects me, deepens my trust in Him, forces me to seek His ways and brings Him the most glory. Psalm 27:14 says Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Keep asking.

Wait.

Be of good courage.

No comments: