Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I Seek You and Worship You

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:1-2

The cakes are baked, the presents wrapped, stockings stuffed, and everyone is asleep. Except this one. I am wide awake in the first few hours of this Christmas Day. In this pre-dawn hour, I find solace and solitude from the hustle of the day. With my side and his side celebrations on two different days, I have been in overdrive preparing food, wrapping gifts, and cleaning house, etc. It happens every year. I have the best of intentions. But somehow it happens. A real struggle for me. To relax. To enjoy it. To keep my focus on Him.
So here I am seeking you, Lord Jesus. I worship you and adore you, Lord Jesus. I have nothing to give you. No gold, frankincense, or myrr. I have nothing - except my worship. Nothing. But strangely, that is enough. Yes, I come empty, yet I am filled. Filled with your love, your grace and your continual mercy. No greater gift.

No comments: