Friday, December 26, 2008

My Exceeding Joy

"Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise you…" Psalm 43:4

Perparing for Christmas in most households begins weeks, even months before December 25th. So much energy and effort goes into making the day a memorable one, then suddenly it's over. All that seems to be left is the dirty dishes, wilting greenery, and torn wrapping paper.
I heard a report on the news today that is quite common for persons to experience "post-Christmas blues."
Well I have some news, and it is good news...
If you find yourself lacking joy, feeling a little empty, then take the time to just sit at His feet, praising Him. Open up your Bible to Psalms. Devour the Word. His Word. Only He can truly satisfy. The lustre of those new gifts will fade, but His love endures forever. He is 'my exceeding joy.'

No comments: