Thursday, July 24, 2008

I am listening...

Speak, for your servant is listening.
1 Samuel 3:10
As I checked and rechecked my list of last minute things to pack for Trinidad today, I was overcome with the urge to rest. I questioned, as ususal.
Rest? Are your sure, Lord? I have so much to do!
Of course He knows just what I need. He knows how to get my attention and in that sacred moment He spoke to my heart in such a tender way, reminding me that He is in control.
So many things pull me in so many different directions.
I often feel like Gumby, that dark green clay figure created in the 1950s.
Stretched and stressed.
But today, He took me in His hands and held me, molded me, smoothed me out, re-shaped me and spoke to me through His Word...
Your strength will come from settling
down in complete dependence on me.
Isaiah 30:15
He whispers,
Depend on Me,
Be still,
Depend on Me completely.
I listen.
I rest.
"God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply" - Hudson Taylor
"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God" - William Carey

No comments: