Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Draw Near ... He Cares

Inasmuch then as we have a great High Priest Who has [already] ascended and passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession [of faith in Him].
For we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with our weaknesses and infirmities and liability to the assaults of temptation, but One Who has been tempted in every respect as we are, yet without sinning.
Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God's unmerited favor to us sinners), that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it].


Hebrews 4:14-16

When I hear my newborn granddaughter cry out, I don't ignore her. I immediately spring into action to attend to her needs. Her messes need to be cleaned up, she needs nourishment, she needs to hear my voice, and she needs to be held and comforted.
I desire to provide all these things for her. I love her and I care for her.

In my quiet time this morning I thought about how my relationship with Malli is similar to the relationship God desires with me. He loves me and He cares for me.
He cares about my hurt, my discouragement, my insecurities, my anxiety, my fears.

God provided His son, Jesus Christ to be my High Priest. Jesus goes in to the presence of God and represents me. Because of Jesus, I have access to the Father and can approach the throne of grace boldly. He sits at the right hand of God the Father interceding on my behalf. While on earth, Jesus experienced everything I have experienced but never sinned.

The catch in this relationship is that I must boldly draw near (see v.16). Just like baby Malli, I must cry out for help! It is only then that I can find the mercy and grace I need.

Psalm 73.28 says, But it is good for me to draw near to God. I have put my trust in the Lord God.

James 4:8 says, Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

My husband is compassionate, great listener, and a wonderful support for me. My family and friends can offer help and advice, too. But there is none like Jesus. He provides all the grace and mercy I need.

There Is None Like You

There is none like You
No one else can touch my heart like You do
I can search for all eternity long and find
There is none like You
Your mercy flows like a river wide
And healing comes from Your hands
Suffering children are safe in Your arms
There is none like You
There is none like You
No one else can touch my heart like You do
I can search for all eternity long and find
There is none like You
Your mercy flows like a river wide
And healing comes from Your hands
Suffering children are safe in Your arms
There is none like You

No comments: