Sunday, July 20, 2008

Faith will not always get for us what we want, but it will get what God wants us to have.

orchid in Trinidad


The Lord had said to Abram, “Leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you.I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”
So Abram left, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy five years old when he set out from Haran.
Genesis 12:1-4

What tremendous faith! God told Abram to leave all he had ever known...what he was comfortable with, pick up, and go to a new place. Abram obeyed God. He stepped into the unknown. What about me and you? Will we obey God and follow Him into unchartered territory? If we do step out, our faith in God will be increased and our dependence on self will lessen. God speaks to each of us in different ways. He has a specific design, a special purpose for each of us. Will we trust Him?



Faith will not always get for us what we want,

but it will get what God wants us to have.

- Vance Havner

No comments: