Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Teach Me

writing Bible verse with chalk - Backyard Bible Club 2008
Teach me Your way, Lord
and I will live by Your truth.
Psalm 86:11
The verse above is the theme verse for the BACKYARD BIBLE CLUB this week. What a tremendous blessing I am receiving from this outreach. The children are excited and ready to hear Bible stories, pray, and do crafts each day.
As we were reciting the verse from Psalms, I paused and asked the children to tell me what they thought the verse meant. One boy spoke up and said,
"...when we read God's Word He teaches us and shows us the way that we should live and what we should do, and then when we read His Word we will walk in it and do the things He tells us to do."
Out of the mouths of babes! What a great understanding this child has of who God is. Father, thank you for teaching me your truth. Help me to keep my eyes on YOU, my heart open to YOUR instruction, and my feet on the right path.

No comments: