Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Accepted


Accept one another, then,
just as Christ accepted you,
in order to bring praise to God.
Romans 15:7


After waiting and wondering for some weeks, my oldest son received some good news yesterday. He was accepted to the college of his choice. He will be leaving home soon to continue his education, pursuing a degree in Political Science and International Affairs. To be accepted he had to prove that he was an excellent student, be active in the community, and student affairs, etc. He had to prove his worthiness. All the dedication and hard work paid off. He has been accepted, acknowledged, and received by the university to continue his studies.

It still amazes me that Jesus Christ accepts me....not based on what I have done or will do. He accepts me just as I am. He came to die on the cross for all my sins. I don't have to prove myself. He isn't concerned with what I have, or have not accomplished, but looks at what He can accomplish through me. He called me. He saved me. He has a purpose for me. Glory to God...He accepts me!
Because He accepts me unconditionally, I can accept others. I can see others as He sees them. He died on the cross for the sins of all. He was not crucified for a certain group of people, but for every person - that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

It never gets old. He accepts me. What joy, what hope, what peace there is in that!

No comments: