Tuesday, February 3, 2009

His Eye Is On The Sparrow


Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come, Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:

His eye is on the sparrow,

and I know He watches me;

His eye is on the sparrow,

and I know He watches me.

I sing because I’m happy,I sing because I’m free,For His eye is on the sparrow,And I know He watches me. “Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;

His eye is on the sparrow,

and I know He watches me;

His eye is on the sparrow,

and I know He watches me.


Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;

His eye is on the sparrow,

and I know He watches me;

His eye is on the sparrow,

and I know He watches me.

Words by: Ci­vil­la D. Mar­tin
Music by: Charles H. Gab­ri­el

No comments: