Sunday, March 21, 2010

Giving



This photograph of a vase filled with branches from a peach tree in full bloom has nothing to do with this post, really. Just real pretty, in my opinion.


Now to get on with what is on my mind. I had a few minutes this afternoon to browse the web and discovered some wonderful projects. Lately, I haven't been real excited about a lot, but these two organizations made me perk up. (see the bottom of this post)


I have also included some favorite verses on "giving" that I revisited today, Profound words. 


Anyway, read over the verses, check out the links and let me know what you think. I don't know how involved I can be right now, but I can promise I will definitely offer my support to these in the near future.




For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor.

Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; 
then your barns will be filled with plenty,and your vats will be bursting with wine. 


Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. 


Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered.


No comments: