these days of less,
these days of need,
Less of me,
More of You,
What does it take to be truly grateful? Is it when the bills are paid, everyone is healthy, and the cupboards are full? Is that when I praise Him most? Can I really be thankful in times when nothing seems to be going my way? When I have more bills than income? When the path I should take is unclear and uncertain?
I have had plenty and been impoverished.
I have had less and been rich.
It's true...really. In God's economy, less is more.
Less of me, more of Him.
Now unspent richness that I can not contain or use up.
Empty and poured out, but filled.
Filled with gratitude for the gifts.
This feast of blessings.
530. a child's smile
531. giggling children in a classroom
532. encouraging words
533. a small, country school
534. grand daughter puckering up, blowing kisses
535. spanish moss draping trees
536. old friends, familiar faces
537. watching glowing bride-to-be open gifts