Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy

Who is blind? He who can see no other world. Who is dumb? He who can say nothing pleasant about his lot. Who is poor? He who is troubled with too many desires. Who is rich? He who is happy with his lot.
- Indian Proverb
It was a rare event for my husband and I. We drove an hour last night to have dinner together and to see a movie. With our three children in the process of leaving the nest we are finding time just for us again after twenty-plus years. It's bittersweet. Bitter, because I miss the mothering role terribly, even though I know it's a natural process...to let go of them. Yet, in this letting loose I am finding sweetness too. Time to give undivided attention to eachother. Going to the restaurant we want to go to. Talking about things we want to talk about. Remembering what attracted us to eachother in the first place.
I don't have a perfect marriage. I don't have perfect kids. This is not a perfect world. But it is my lot. I praise the Lord my God. Blessed be His name above all others.
I am happy and blessed. Especially when I get a text from each of my children in the middle of my date!
Stand up and praise the LORD your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting. Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise. Nehemiah 9:5

No comments: