Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Own Little World


It's been a while. But, I am back. It's a new year. Whether 2010 was good or bad for you, a new beginning is here. A clean slate. 

Many are promising themselves to lose weight, stop smoking, exercise more, etc. Me? I really have no profound resolutions, just really long to find peace.

 I recently sat down to write a letter (not on the computer, but with a real piece of paper and pen) and found that it was almost impossible to leave out the word "I" and all those other personal pronouns.

Funny, that makes me think of a country song my kids used to irritate me with. 
I wanna talk about meeeiiiieeee! 

They knew my least favorite music was country and my least favorite musician EVER was Toby Keith. Sorry if that insults anyone. But those kids of mine, especially the boys received so much joy from breaking out in that song or any of his other hits(?) Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh! Makes my skin crawl right now thinking about his voice!

Back to what I was saying ...

I long for peace. One way to begin this search is to first get out of my world, my life, my problems. Connect with others. To do that, I will have to take my eyes off myself and my little world. Become more self-less.

Mother Teresa once said, "If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.

Where this admission, this simple resolution will lead me I'm not sure, but I am willing to take this path.

Happy New Year.

No comments: