Saturday, May 29, 2010

Date night



Friday night and husband invites me to a movie. "Maybe Robin Hood," he suggests.

Truth is, it's not about the movie...he would honestly rather dine on movie popcorn and a coke
than a steak and potato most weekends. No kiddin!

First we stop off at Lowe's. Isn't that how every hot date begins? He lovingly asks me, "would you rather wait here or do you want to go in with me?" Since I consider this a date, I agree to join him. He even opens my car door for me. My heart is all a-flutter!

Once inside, I am drawn to the garden section. No surprise to anyone who knows me.
So, I do what any good woman does. I wave my date off and say "you know where to find me when you get ready to check out."

So much for romance, eh?

And that's when I found it... a new friend... a kindred spirit. The most beautiful, breathtaking sight I have laid eyes on in a long time. A succulent container garden. Lord, help me, I am stricken. After staring at its beauty and envisioning it as a new member of my growing succulent family for well over ten minutes, my Lowe's/movie date walks up and asks, "you ready for some popcorn? " Then he recognizes that look in my eyes. He really should know better by now. Never leave me unattended in the garden section.

Now I honestly can't think of anything more romantic than a guy buying his woman succulents. Roses. Pshhh!  But, succulents? That's just hot! And sexy, in my opinion!

Here's more information on succulents, just in case you are smitten like me, or are suffering from insomnia...
Succulent plants store water in their fleshy leaves. They are water-retaining plants adapted to arid climate or soil conditions. Succulent plants store water in their leaves, stems, and also in roots. The storage of water often gives succulent plants a more swollen or fleshy appearance than other plants. Water retention? Swollen? Fleshy? I can so relate!

And, oh, what about the movie, the popcorn you ask? Well, we didn't make it Friday night. We decided to wait til Sunday afternoon and went out for Mexican instead. I really love my man!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am a succulent lover as well. Your blog is beautiful, and your quote by Jefferson brought tears to my eyes!
Sounds like your husband is a keeper, for sure!!!