Saturday, April 24, 2010

Simply

Fear less, hope more;
 eat less, chew more;
whine less, breathe more;
 talk less, say more;
love more, and all good things will be yours.
-Swedish proverb


One thing I have been practicing for a while two years now, is living more simply. Buying less. Consuming less.  Not that I intentionally chose this path, this detour. But, I must say, this quiet way, this way I trod is certainly a lot less stressful than the other path I was traveling.


Learning to live more simply is a process. There has been a lot of grace along the way. Lessons I am learning here are priceless. I am realizing just how rich I am for the first time ever and believe me, my bank account has nothing to do with it.


Living simply means appreciating daily living. It also means giving up things/practices that prevented or hindered peace in my life. Letting go of clutter in my closet, as well as in my mind.
Letting go of things I thought I had to have. Forgetting about what others might think. Forging ahead.
 
Simply.

1 comment:

BlueEyedYonder said...

I just love the idea of simplifying. It is amazingly freeing to just rid yourself of 'stuff'. I tackled some junky corners of my house yesterday, it was so inspiring just to see empty space. Empty space = full brain...buzzing with ideas for new ventures!