Monday, February 8, 2010

The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change

Upon those who step into the same rivers
 flow other and yet other waters. 
All things...are in flux like a river.
-Heraclitus



Just when the new doesn't seem so mysterious and frightening anymore...just when things are becoming routine and somewhat comfortable, the rug always gets pulled out from under my feet, so to speak. 


See, tomorrow I will gain, not one, but five new students to the already twelve students I have. Our room is small, space is limited, and many of the students need help on a regular basis. 


Stressed? Anxious?  YES. 
Me and my current students.
So true the saying, The only thing that is constant is change.


Why is it so hard to accept? This constant change. The ever evolving current and stirring waters. 


Perhaps change is necessary, less I become like a stagnant pool of water. A community within its self. Harboring, yet too protected. Closed off. Suffocating. Lifeless.
Rather, I should view this place as a  life-giving river, flowing, moving, changing, and growing. 
Clinging to the ONE who knows my name...the ONE who can calm the waters...the ONE who gives peace like a river.



Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. 
  I've called your name. You're mine.

When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. 
   When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place, 
   it won't be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God, 
   The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you...
That's how much you mean to me! 
   That's how much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, 
   trade the creation just for you.

Isaiah 43:2

No comments: