Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fear

We all have or have had fears. I have plenty.


Just had two restless nights. Tossing. Turning. Haunted by fear. The unknown. Out of control. Mind racing. 


One of my life verses...2 Timothy 1:7 says "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 


Repeating it over and over again. 
The truth making a  rut, wedged deep in this doubting soul. This one that questions. Too much.


Another good verse...“Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth.”  Colossians 3:2



A friend interested me in the book Fearless by Max Lucado. I have only read chapter one so far but I am already hooked!


There are so many uncertainties and unknowns. Now more than ever...It is important to learn to abide and trust even deeper in Christ, turning my fears over to Him, laying them down at his feet. 


Lucado retells the familiar story of the disciples out in that fishing boat on the stormy sea. 
Sometimes we just have to get in that boat, even if it looks like it is sinking! 


No comments: