Monday, October 26, 2009

Falling into thankfulness




Thank God in everything 
for this is the will of God 
for you in Christ Jesus. 
Thess. 5:18


Thanking God.  It can be a real challenge especially when faced with hopeless, ongoing trials. We all have a story. But the Word declares that I am to give thanks to God, no matter what my circumstances, and just to make it crystal clear... this is His will for me


Remember  Corrie Ten Boom? While in the concentration camp, she and many others were infested with lice. She was challenged with this very thought...give thanks EVEN for lice? She did and then discovered later that the lice is what kept the soldiers from coming in an molesting her and the other ladies.



I am convinced that His Word is true. And If I believe that, then I can rest and know that "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans. 8:28)


On this dreary, gloomy Fall afternoon, I choose to "fall into thankfulness" for everything. 


554. sleep lost, book adventure
555. tears shed, hearts healed
556. cramped car, room for love
557. quiet house, loud praises
558. lessons to do, knowledge gained
559. older, wiser

No comments: