Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Malli gets the message out!


I was drawn to a scripture in Daniel 2:20-21 today.

Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,to whom belong wisdom and might.He changes times and seasons;he removes kings and sets up kings.

Many people are distressed concerning this election. Some recent comments I have heard are ...

*these are tough times for everyone and the future of our country is at stake

*both candidates promise change but I wonder who is telling the truth

When I read Daniel 2:20-21 today I was reminded that God removes leaders and places them in office. Whoever wins this presidential election will do so because God has decided to put him there. No matter who takes office, our God is on his throne.
When we wake up tomorrow, we will have a new president. Regardless of whether McCain or Obama wins, the Lord God still reigns. My trust is in the Him alone.
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. -Psalm 20:7

No comments: