Monday, November 17, 2008

Battle Weary

I am battle weary. These past few weeks have been more than trying on my 40-something nerves. Not only have a fought a serious, hacking cough that made me feel as if my brain was going to explode and made me consider purchasing "Depends," but I have also engaged in warfare with Pre-K students. I am subbing at the Pre-K Academy for a teacher on maternity leave. Granted, I have knowledge and experience in this area (nine years experience to be exact) but nothing prepared me for the challenge of this particular group of darlings. They are quite a uniqe group! Tonight after talking to my dear friend, Mary who is a wonderful listener, the Holy Spirit reminded of this scripture “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.” Psalm 37:5-6

Some comments on Psalm 37:5-6 by Charles Spurgeon ...

“Commit your way” literally means to “roll your burden” and so Spurgeon urges us to:
"Roll the whole burden of life upon the Lord. Leave with Jehovah not thy present fretfulness merely, but all thy cares; in fact, submit the whole tenor of thy way to him. Cast away anxiety, resign thy will, submit thy judgment, leave all with the God of all....The ploughman sows and harrows, and then leaves the harvest to God. What can he do else? He cannot cover the heavens with clouds, or command the rain, or bring forth the sun or create the dew. He does well to leave the whole matter with God; and so to all of us it is truest wisdom, having obediently trusted in God, to leave results in his hands and expect a blessed issue."

No comments: